Tope Alabi born on 27 October 1970 in Ogun, Nigeria, is a mother of 4 and Nigeria’s number 1 female gospel singer. She is a multi-platinum Nigerian gospel singer, actress and music composer signed to Mavin Records. There is no doubt that the beautiful 45-years-old artist has managed to stay prominence in the Nigerian contemporary gospel music scene.
Here are 10 things you probably didn’t know about Nigeria’s number 1 female gospel singer, Tope Alabi:
1. Tope Alabi was born on 27 October 1970 in Ogun, Nigeria. She is the 3rd child of 5 siblings.
2. She holds a Higher National Diploma in Mass Communication from the Polytechnic of Ibadan.
3. Back in her school days, she was a member of the Jesters International comedy group and in 1984 she left the group.
4. After graduating in 1990, she worked as a correspondent at the Nigerian Television Authority in Ibadan.
5. Her ability to produce different traditional and modern beats, is what makes her stand out from other musicians.
4. Tope Alabi has composed over 300 soundtracks for several Yoruba films.
5. She is married to Soji Alabi and they are blessed with 4 children.
6. She changed to sing gospel in 1988 when she had a revelation that God wants to use her to spread the gospel.
7. She adopted the name “Tope Aladi children” because of her love for children.
8. Her debut album “Agbelebu” has topped many gospel music charts in Nigeria.
9. She is regarded as Nigeria’s number 1 female gospel singer.
10. She has worked with stage theatre groups in both Lagos and Ibadan and also starred in a number of Yoruba Nigerian films.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ?